Welcome to the New Small Business Focus Website
We’re a proactive, not-for-profit organisation where membership is open to all organisations having less than 100 staff within the B&NES area.
We are here to provide a focus for small businesses to work together to represent local small business interests effectively.
Our objectives are to provide you with an opportunity to:
- Represent your interests to relevant local authorities, councillors and MPs
- Network at social and other events where you can meet other members and people of interest
- Secure value added or discounted benefits
Our values are simple but we believe crucial to our success and they are to:
- Create a comfortable, enjoyable, positive & supportive atmosphere in which members grow to understand to trust each other
- Have a culture of contribution, commitment & responsibility & to bring value to membership
- Behave in such a way that we are valued by & attractive to local business
- Improve members businesses by sharing knowledge & learning from others
- Conduct our affairs in a professional, diligent and transparent manner
- Treat other members with the same high standards one expects to receive & to be honest, courteous, approachable & do what is promised.
As a membership organisation we really are run by you, the member, and as such there is an annual membership meeting where you can:
- Consider the annual report and financial statements and give formal approval to the actions of the management committee
- Determine the fees to be paid by members
- Elect and remove the Chairperson, the Treasurer, the Secretary and members of the management committee
- Decide and revise a policies
Day to day business is devolved to the management committee the members of which may only be appointed from members.
For more information on Small Business Focus, please email us: